Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Phil Mickelson doubles down, says he doesn’t deserve a Presidents Cup pick even if he wins this week - Golf.com

Phil Mickelson knows his unbelievable streak of competing in team events will likely come to an end with the Presidents Cup this December. Mickelson could put on one last strong performance at this week’s WGC-HSBC Champions to plead his case to warrant a pick, but the 49-year-old believes it will be too little too late. Even if he wins.

“So I’ve played terribly this year, and even if I were to win this week, I do not deserve or warrant a pick for the Presidents Cup,” Mickelson said Wednesday when speaking to reporters in Shanghai, China. “There’s much better players who have played better throughout the year, and so I won’t be on the team this year. But I intend to come back strong, play well and get back on the Ryder Cup team next year.”

These comments are similar to what Mickelson said at the CJ Cup earlier this month. He hasn’t changed his tune since.

“Even if I were to win, I have not done enough to warrant a pick,” Mickelson said on Oct. 16, a few days before tying for 31st. “I’m not asking for one, I don’t expect one. I think there’s a lot better options for the U.S. side.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"cup" - Google News
October 30, 2019 at 11:20PM
https://ift.tt/36lsFXx

Phil Mickelson doubles down, says he doesn’t deserve a Presidents Cup pick even if he wins this week - Golf.com
"cup" - Google News
https://ift.tt/33Fi2Nf
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment